Cytomegalovirus Antibody (CMV) – IgG Antibody
- You need to provide Blood
- Overnight fasting is not mandatory
- This test is for Male, Female
₹499.00Add to wishlist
SKU: 10003278 Category: Immune System Tags: blood, Protein, serum, vitamin
What is CMV IgG?
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a common virus that causes mild illness or no symptoms. This test detects IgG antibodies which are produced by the body as a result of CMV infection. This test is used to diagnose the CMV in pregnant women or immunocompromised person having flu like symptoms. IgG antibodies are produced after several weeks of infection and thus used to detect past or current infection. The test is also recommended in the new born child having congential abnormalities, unexplained jaundice or anaemia and prior to organ transplant.
Why is CMV IgG done?
- When a person especially young adult, pregnant woman or immune deficient person has flu-like symptoms for a prolonged period, it suggests a CMV infection
- A newborn has higher chance of getting infected if the mother is infected and also has the following symptoms: multiple congenital abnormalities, unexplained jaundice or anemia and seizures
- Before receiving an organ transplant
Healths First, Lal Pathlab, Medcis Pathlab
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Hepatitis C Virus – Genotyping₹4,500.00 – ₹6,500.00Book Now
There are no reviews yet.